PDA

View Full Version : Alarm going off

bubba_1986
Saturday 20th May 2006, 00:35
Hey guys

wondering if this happened to anyone with 70 series classic, got maself a 2000 c70, the exact one wateee used to have..

It now and again sets alarm off by tiself randomly, and have to put key in ignition to stop light flashing fast, turn on and off anf lock with key

First time i done it took battery out for few hours and done the trick but still happens now and again, mabye every 4 weeks

any ideas

Cheers

Bubba :biggrin:

After_Shock
Saturday 20th May 2006, 18:20
Make sure you dont leave any loose change or keys on the interior, imparticularly at the bottom of the dash where the storage bit is as this sets the alarm off.

SaffronC70
Saturday 20th May 2006, 18:31
Also, anything major in the armrest - stick it all in the glovebox :)

bubba_1986
Saturday 20th May 2006, 19:10
Cheers guys

i usally keep ma house key in arm rest part, with cd's so would i be best off putting them in glovebox.

Why is the alarm so sensitive, got to stage where i didn't knw if would go off if i parked at shops or not so locked with key

Cheers Again

Bubba

SaffronC70
Saturday 20th May 2006, 19:20
I've got my phone charger in the armrest, which is ok. Bulky metal objects, like keys, could interfere with the alarm.

Mine used to go off regulalry (especially during inconvienient times, lol), spent a month locking the car with the key, until I moved all the stuff into the glovebox.

Hope things improve !

Chris

r07s
Tuesday 23rd May 2006, 22:21
Mine used to go off - i tried movin stuff but still went off. Suggest you get yr error codes read - got mine done and it ws the sensors in the top of the door pillars.

Get yr codes read and take it from there mate - damn its a beeatch when it goes off in the small hours of the am:cussing: :cussing:

bubba_1986
Wednesday 24th May 2006, 21:02
Hey guys, cheers for all replys

Alarm not been going off since kept money out of coin tray and ashtray

Think problem solved

Bubba :)

fungus
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 23:58
I have had the same issue, very intermittent. I read the bit about the change and have just removed the change but can't help feeling this is a wind up? Why would change set the alarm off? Help appreciated, Si.

r07s
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 00:13
Dude take the door pillar sensors off (just unplug 'em) for a while and see if it gets tripped - if not then...give Marshalls a call ;)

st1t5
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 00:15
When i bought my C70 a fews ago the guy i bought it from stressed that i should not leave anything lying in the area of where the change goes as it sets the alarm off ..... mmm wierd lol :)

fungus
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 00:34
R07s,

Sorry, you'll have to excuse my lack of car knowledge. What are the door pillar sensors and where are they/what do they look like?. I did have the passenger window smashed about 5 months ago...could this have caused a problem?
Also, what do you mean by "see if it gets tripped" and who are Marshalls?
Sorry to be so ignorant!! :)

Si.

r07s
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 17:25
Hi Si,

Does your car have sensors above where the seatbelt comes out? The up-right of the frame your door closes onto is the door pillar.

If you have these, you'll see you can prize the assembley away by using a flatblade screwdriver - then disconnect them and hope for da best :frown:

Now you can "see if it gets tripped" - ie the alarm gets activated, switched on...tripped ;)

Marshalls?! Si they are your first port of call when you need to unload some of your hard earned cash into your car (forum members can get discount):

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9990&highlight=marshalls

Best of luck mate - i resolved mine by getting the error codes read and then paying for the new sensors - i wasnt aware of marshalls back then and it cost me £110ish; its only money :rotfl:

lance
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 17:57
Coin slot is a waste of time once the alarm is armed coins in there will make the alarm go off

st1t5
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 21:34
How can coins make an alarm go off ?

fungus
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 21:41
r07s,

Thanks for your assistance. I cannot see these sensors but have removed the change from the compartment next to the coin compartment and shall keep my fingers crossed! Lets just hope the alarm does not wake the neighbourhood at 2 in the morning !
Here's another one for you though. When I open the windows they squeak like mad. This is obviously due to the hot dry weather but is there anyway I can lubricate without ending up with a greasy film all over the windows?
Best regards,

Si.

dicky b t5
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 22:12
r07s,

Thanks for your assistance. I cannot see these sensors but have removed the change from the compartment next to the coin compartment and shall keep my fingers crossed! Lets just hope the alarm does not wake the neighbourhood at 2 in the morning !
Here's another one for you though. When I open the windows they squeak like mad. This is obviously due to the hot dry weather but is there anyway I can lubricate without ending up with a greasy film all over the windows?
Best regards,

Si.
Si, when you wash n wax your car....Wax the windows as well, inside and out,
this should help to cure it. And treat the black rubber window strips with some kind of trim polish, (MER trim & bumper care is good stuff).

Hope this helps, DB. :Handshake

bubba_1986
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 22:41
r07s,

Best regards,

Si.

Your runners are possibly causing the squeak, as this was case in my c70, on drivers side. Wobbly was happy to help me though on sunday there just after bbq.

All nice and dandey now:biggrin:

P.S, Cheers again Dave :wink:

T-5ones
Wednesday 14th June 2006, 23:02
Hi, New member here. Havn't had a chance to introduce myself yet, will when I get a chance, thursday.

Re alarm problems: I had an "s" v70tdi classic that gave me jip, esp at night. No sensor problems were found but after some advice I tried shutting off all the air vents, making sure the fan was in the off position and turning the selector to "window" and not "face" when parked at night. It helped so much but I cant guarantee this is a cure. Give it a try.

Also usual alarm problems with open windows and/or very hot days.

r07s
Thursday 15th June 2006, 00:06
Dunno guys - cant help but feel that we can all give guidance but ultimatley i think you should get a handle on your error codes Si.

Any members near him with a code reader?

BigShrek
Sunday 18th June 2006, 13:20
mine kept going off then realised i had mini boxing gloves hanging from the mirror that was doing it ..... :S

ammo1981
Tuesday 4th July 2006, 00:25
i havent remote locked my car for over 2 months. The alarm used to go off randomly. At work in the car park, at night times in the driveway. Acutally i always have a bit of loose change floating near the ashtray and under the arm rest......but i shall give it a try as people here have pointed out a few interesting things!

fungus
Tuesday 4th July 2006, 08:01
Hi Ammo,

I raised the issue re the alarm on my C70 on 18th June on this forum and was advised that it might be some spare change I had left in the car. I removed the change and the alarm has not gone off since!
I really hope this is the end of it but it does (fingers crossed) really seem to be true!

good luck !

Si.