PDA

View Full Version : boy racer

BigShrek
Friday 19th May 2006, 20:45
Well, one week of owning a C70.... I get T-boned by a boy racer trying to under take me at a round about when i was turning left. Off side is a mess, but hopefully repairable.... Not impressed at all. Will get some pictures up tomorrow when its light.

Tomcat
Friday 19th May 2006, 20:57
Aw no....that's not good. I hope you're ok mate.

T5ER
Friday 19th May 2006, 20:57
Well, one week of owning a C70.... I get T-boned by a boy racer trying to under take me at a round about when i was turning left. Off side is a mess, but hopefully repairable.... Not impressed at all. Will get some pictures up tomorrow when its light.

Thats bad news mate hope you chinned him a ££££er

blackbooty
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:01

why do the fools do stuff like that ???

are you ok mate ?

7 days after getting it.... what a nightmare!!! my ex smashed my 854 up 3 days after i brought it, i know how your feeling buddy.

what motor was the fool driving ?

wayne

Baj
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:24
If it makes you feel any better, a guy I used to work with got T-boned as he waited to turn right at a junction in his brand new Alfa Spider.
It went off to be repaired.
3 weeks later he got T-boned again at the same junction as he was returning from collecting it from the bodyshop!

blackbooty
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:34
If it makes you feel any better, a guy I used to work with got T-boned as he waited to turn right at a junction in his brand new Alfa Spider.
It went off to be repaired.
3 weeks later he got T-boned again at the same junction as he was returning from collecting it from the bodyshop!

and i thought i was unlucky.

Daz T5
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:38
As long as ur ok mate, at the end of the day, we love our Volvo's but it's just a piece of tin:)

Vikingxl
Saturday 20th May 2006, 10:29
Sorry to hear it mate i know how you feel having been hit by three idiots in the last twelve months all of them while i was stationary.There are just too many idiots out there these days

Titch
Saturday 20th May 2006, 13:40
Really sorry to hear that mate, main thing is you are ok.

I was in a similar situation in October 2005. I owned my first T5 for approximately 3 weeks when the oil pump failed. Needed full rebuild. It was off the road for just over 2 months when i got it back with full rebuild and £3500 pounds lighter. Had it just over a week and some old timer crashed into the back of me while i was waiting at junction to turn into work. Complete Write off.

I cried that night lol ( Yes im a big Jessie) but realised at least its just the car thats knackered and not me or anyone involved. Like i say mate as long as you are ok. Cars and side panels can be replaced

BigShrek
Saturday 20th May 2006, 14:39
thanks lads, i've got a bit of whiplash, and a sprained trap and shoulder but ok, pride hurt more than anything:

here is the pic, did get a goo 270 spin out of the hit from it:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3554/photo00549ha.jpg

his 306 was a bit of a mess which made me feel a bit better.

t5owner
Saturday 20th May 2006, 15:23
That doesn`t look too bad from that piccy if its just cosmetic you should be okay

If its damaged the chassis you could be in for a bit more fun yet

At least your ok mate

Cheers

stuart

BigShrek
Monday 12th June 2006, 16:34
good news: Completion date for the repair June 15th... After a few grands worth of repairs done, she's almost finished. They had to repalce the whole skin on the left side from the front wing back + a door and 2 wheels (but they replaced all 4 to keep a match - nice people :D).

Solicitors involved now, looking good, police report put him at fault, mainly because he was driving like a d**khead. So should get a few thou for the loss of earnings, injury to my neck and shoulder and a few other bits...

all to spend on the Volly at volvo tuning UK :D

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 09:58
Well with any luck he'll will have learned his lesson. I am glad to hear that both you and the coupe are on the mend.

Titch
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 10:16
Thats good news. Its good to see some form of justice has come from this incident. Enjoy your car when you get it back

After_Shock
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 18:45
Good news on that one! Hope all the repairs go well and getting 4 new wheels such a shame!

st1t5
Tuesday 13th June 2006, 18:48
Glad its repairable :) ... id be totally gutted and fuming if somebody hit my C70 through stupidity ..

Poeple will only learn from there mistakes if they admit it was their fault to start with, if the fool thinks he has done no wrong then he will not learn from it and will be 3 times as likely to have the same accident in the next 3 year period :(

BigShrek
Monday 19th June 2006, 11:57
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7361/readout6gw.jpg

it's getting there!!!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th June 2006, 12:06
Is gonna be painted red then?

BigShrek
Monday 19th June 2006, 12:57
bloody hope not!!! lol

BigShrek
Friday 23rd June 2006, 17:09
Well now to end the story on a high note.... She's back :D

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6582/shrekkio0017ns.jpg

and all fixed:

http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/5634/shrekkio0002bm.jpg

Baj
Friday 23rd June 2006, 17:22
I had similar damage on my old Punto GT, luckily not structural. They had to cut out the panel and replace it. Amazing job. Its nice to have it back isnt it :D

BigShrek
Friday 23rd June 2006, 19:41
the grin has never been so big!!! :D