PDA

View Full Version : Pads and Discs

spencem875
Friday 19th May 2006, 19:40
Anyone can point me in the direction of some nicely priced discs and (less dust as poss) pads ? :daisy:

blackbooty
Friday 19th May 2006, 20:18
Anyone can point me in the direction of some nicely priced discs and (less dust as poss) pads ? :daisy:

loads of stuff on here mate, use the search thing at top.

GSF do cheap brembo discs, and ferrodo DS2500 are a lot of peoples choice of pad .

wayne.

spencem875
Friday 19th May 2006, 20:43
Any idea what the brembo 1's look like? standard look? I might stretch to drilled/grooved or both, any thoughts? I used to use green stuff pads, i heard that red stuff are good for heavy breaking ( i break heavy even @ 30)

gazjacko
Friday 19th May 2006, 20:58
Many previous threads on this including upgrades.
I've gone for 302mm discs and exchange calipers from GSF with volvo 302mm spacers and braided hose.
as for types of disc /pad check all the opinions (ask ten people get 10 answers!)

pzorb
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:01
Well I went with the Pagid pads. Feel exactly like Volvo OEM day to day, but increase the pressure and you can feel the bite; high speed yields no fade, quite the opposite! I might be the only person to not have Fedoros lol.

spencem875
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:06
Many previous threads on this including upgrades.
I've gone for 302mm discs and exchange calipers from GSF with volvo 302mm spacers and braided hose.
as for types of disc /pad check all the opinions (ask ten people get 10 answers!)

How much was discs? can you use standard T5 wheels with em? (nm i can see they are black diamond)

blackbooty
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:09
Any idea what the brembo 1's look like? standard look? I might stretch to drilled/grooved or both, any thoughts? I used to use green stuff pads, i heard that red stuff are good for heavy breaking ( i break heavy even @ 30)

gsf brembos's are standard size, you didnt mention upgrades bud.
best bet is to use the search engine at the top of the page and read everyones opinions that way, half a hour later your an expert.

wayne

spencem875
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:12
gsf brembos's are standard size, you didnt mention upgrades bud.
best bet is to use the search engine at the top of the page and read everyones opinions that way, half a hour later your an expert.

wayne

Yes ur right, basically, id like to stop better and have less brake dust without spending 2 much $$$

gazjacko
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:37
early T5 wheels won't fit over the 302mm conversion. I believe this came to light when Hants Police reported brake fade in their T5s (they were pioneers in the introduction of them in 'Traffic').
when they were upgraded they were fitted with the newer pattern 16" but as you can probably see I've got 17"s on anyway, so no clearance problems.

spencem875
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:50
Yeh n1, ill search abit more.

blackbooty
Friday 19th May 2006, 21:57
Yes ur right, basically, id like to stop better and have less brake dust without spending 2 much $$$

brembo's are regarded as plenty good enough in combo with decent pads mate.

i think youll find that the quicker your car stops, the more dust you get.
i mean.... drilled and or grooved discs are designed to to let the pad bite better cos of the abrasion factor (i presume,never having taken that route), and more abrasion means faster wear/more dust.

wayne

spencem875
Friday 19th May 2006, 22:00
Sounds like Brembo's 4tw then, im was just thinking back to having EBC discs and green stuff pads on my Renault, was a few years ago so could have it arse about face. :troutslap