PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

TomS60
Thursday 18th May 2006, 20:34
Hi,
Just a couple of quickies.....
I've just bought an '01 S60 T5 with the RTI sat nav and '06 disc, was just wondering if Volvo did a speed camera detection software for the system??

And also....are the Blue backed "R" dial binacle interchangeable into the non-R models, as I quite like the look of them.

oh, and one last thing........anyone know where I can get an R bumper for the S60, and any idea of price from Volvo???

Cheers, Tom.

madness
Thursday 18th May 2006, 22:24
no, volvo will never get involved in speed camera detectors due to liability.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 19th May 2006, 12:06
:stupid:

Buy a road angel.

question 2 - I am fairly certain that the dimensions and attachments would be the same but alas coming across a 2nd hand one will be like discovering hens teeth or extremely expensive new?

TomS60
Friday 19th May 2006, 23:49
:stupid:

Buy a road angel.

question 2 - I am fairly certain that the dimensions and attachments would be the same but alas coming across a 2nd hand one will be like discovering hens teeth or extremely expensive new?

yeah cheers for the replies guys, Im prob gonna have to buy a Talex or something..theyre a bit cheaper...(£70 from tesco with 12 months subscription!!)

As for the dials...i called bromley volvo and they told me that they couldn't be fitted without a lot of work, purely because they use info from the ECU, and as I've got the T5 ECU and not the R one, the info is different, if that makes sense.
What a bitch!...they looked pretty smart!

also the R bumper needs new foglights as they are located slightly further to the corners of the car, but they said that all in (sprayed/fogs/new bumper mounts etc etc).......around £550-£600. Not too bad for all new parts, but may have to be pushed a little further down the to do list behind 18" pegs and a Talex.

Cheers for the replies guys
Tom.