PDA

View Full Version : high revs

m448gvk
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 19:49
Hi can any1 tell me what could be wrong with my 850 t5 as when i change gear at high revs and hold clutch in it seems to stick at about 4000rpm for ages then slowly drops.
checked cable fine
checked linkage again fine
cheers ben

T5ER
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 20:40
Hi can any1 tell me what could be wrong with my 850 t5 as when i change gear at high revs and hold clutch in it seems to stick at about 4000rpm for ages then slowly drops.
checked cable fine
cheers ben

I would get it checked out through the good old diag machine to see what fault codes it has if any mate could be a number of things

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 21:06
Does it only do it when you change gear between 2 and 3k? Worse in hot weather?

x

T5SLAVE
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 22:47
checked cable fine
cheers ben

Mine does that as well mate, I had just learned to live with it but I think you r right in being concerned and wishing to get it rectified as it certainly don't seem good eh:confused:

To Mrsmopp, mine does it whenever u lift the throttle above say 3500rpm, no matter what and it doesn't seem any worse in hotter weather, although I gotta be honest I haven't really taken that much notice of the conditions at the time:sorry: I imagine u have come across this b4, what d'ya think it might b???

PS Soz for buttin in on your question/thread Ben, just thought it a good opportunity:)

m448gvk
Thursday 18th May 2006, 02:46
Mine seems to do it alot same as t5slave says his is doing but doesnt affect the running of the car at all

Mrsmopp
Thursday 18th May 2006, 08:26
A lot of 850's do this, I had the same problem on mine and never really got to the root of it - highly annoying, but like you say doesn't affect the runnning of the car.

If I lifted of anywhere between 2 and 3k it would shoot up to about 3.5k and stick for a few seconds - in really hot weather it would stick for what seems like an age.

I'll do a search see if I can find the thread I orinially posted when I had this problem as I am sure there were a few suggestions put up

x

T5SLAVE
Thursday 18th May 2006, 10:40
I'll do a search see if I can find the thread I orinially posted when I had this problem as I am sure there were a few suggestions put up

x

Thank you, much appreciated:wink:

m448gvk
Thursday 18th May 2006, 21:08
Hi thanks for the help

siamblue
Thursday 18th May 2006, 21:11
My S70 was a right pain for this also, coming to a standstill at traffic lights/pedestrian crossing screaming away at 2500 rpm, highly embarassing but luckily for me the V70 doesn't do it :)

Gary.

RobA
Thursday 18th May 2006, 22:00
My 850 does this too...and I would really like to sort it...

Found this thread but does anyone know if this applies to the 850's as well as the S/V70s??

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8705&page=4&highlight=slow+returning+idle

Rufe
Friday 19th May 2006, 07:28
my first guess would be this to be honest:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/rufe_v6/controlslide2.jpg

could try cleaning it out with a good burst of carb/brake cleaner, see if that helps :)