PDA

View Full Version : Help

Muddy
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 06:39
Urgent help needed. Remote has stopped functioning, no spare, cant open car with key, and the red light on the dash is not blinking. Can anyone out there help. Car is used daily, car battery fine, never had a problem before. Thanks.

Andrew
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 06:47
Urgent help needed. Remote has stopped functioning, no spare, cant open car with key, and the red light on the dash is not blinking. Can anyone out there help. Car is used daily, car battery fine, never had a problem before. Thanks.

The red light not flashing generally indicates no power - you sure the car battery is fine.... perhaps you left a light on and it's drained the battery?

Odd you can't open the car door with the key - try the boot - should be able to get in the car without your fob.

Muddy
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 09:17
Battery is fine....can get into boot, can I access the inside of the car via the boot?

Andrew
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 10:24
Battery is fine....can get into boot, can I access the inside of the car via the boot?

I'm guessing you have a saloon - so you might have the little bit that folds down into the back seat - access panel type thing.
If you can get into the car pop the bonnet and start checking fuses.

blackbooty
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 10:50
i recon youll need long arms to undo the seat catches before you can push the seat forward mate.

use a coat hanger with a hook end so you can pull the lever forward and then you can get in.

if alarm is still armed.... it will go off as soon as you try and start it, i advise opening bonnet and disconnecting the alarm horn on the bulkhead so you only have the hazzards flashing (had to do mine the other day, lots of noise otherwise).

wayne

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 10:50
What car are we talking about here?

Is it possible to open the door with the key?? If the alarm goes off you know your fob batteries are gone. If it dont then check the car battery. You may need to remove the central locking fuse to get the car going.

Dont need to disconnect the horns - just pull the fuse (under the drivers side of the windscreen, next to the bonnet hinge.

blackbooty
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 11:03
i was in a pannic when i did mine, lots of people looking at me....
i was under pressure... just wanted it to STOPPPPP.

i think hes also said he cant open with key Dave.

Muddy
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 11:09
This is a 97 S70 T5, the key will not open the doors ? although I can access the boot. No flashing light on dash, and as far as I can fathom out, no electrics left on to drain power..........

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 11:13
The key should open the doors - I assume you have tried?

Muddy
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 11:16
Yes, the key turns but nothing happens....never had to use the key for the doors so did not know it didn't work. .

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 11:25
Nothing at all - in either direction? How very odd - sounds like something is broken in the lock mech. not that that helps. Think you will need a locksmith or the AA.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 16:56
Or the cars been broken into and the ignition lock is a different key....(or the door lock)

Have you tried all of the keys supplied with the car...?
Have you tried it in both doors....?

If you can get in via the boot.
(Not 100% sure on this one but I'm sure some has tried it)
Put the ignition on and the doors should then un-deadlock themselves and you can then open it from the inside...

Option two drive into it and set off the air bags... the doors should un-lock....:mischievo :mischievo

Adge
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 20:27
Or the cars been broken into and the ignition lock is a different key....(or the door lock)

Have you tried all of the keys supplied with the car...?
Have you tried it in both doors....?

If you can get in via the boot.
(Not 100% sure on this one but I'm sure some has tried it)
Put the ignition on and the doors should then un-deadlock themselves and you can then open it from the inside...

Option two drive into it and set off the air bags... the doors should un-lock....:mischievo :mischievo

We 're certainly getting some wide ranging advice here. From calling the AA ( my first choice) to wrecking the car!

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 22:32
WE're all here to help.... I'll get my grinder....!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Muddy
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 06:40
Thanks for all the offers of assistance, but when I arrived home last night, and gave the remote one last try........yes youve guessed it, it worked fine??????????? I hate cars!

arbee
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 07:13
Thanks for all the offers of assistance, but when I arrived home last night, and gave the remote one last try........yes youve guessed it, it worked fine??????????? I hate cars!

but that only normally happens after the AA man arrives! lol

blackbooty
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 12:36

these cars are self healers !!! i thought mine was dying.... went to bed thinking of going back to a....coughcoughsaabcough, got up this morning and shes mended herself.

what a beautiful day.

Liddo
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 14:38

Muddy, is there any mobile masts near you, or mahoosive ariels for Taxi's or Plod??? If I park near these, it can be a barsteward to get the CL to work!

Just a thought ;)

Babybadger
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 14:44
i was in a pannic when i did mine, lots of people looking at me....
i was under pressure... just wanted it to STOPPPPP.

i think hes also said he cant open with key Dave.

In norfolk they look at anyone strange, they probably thought you were from Liverpool, try up on the Broads mate its worse. They think anyone with an accent outside is a oil-rigger, on the run or a burglar on holiday! I should know, I was born there.