PDA

View Full Version : The Next, Next Scottish Meet

Matt30462
Monday 15th May 2006, 19:28
Ok Fraser, August looks good for me. Get crackin' on the route.

Who's up for what day/weekend??

August 5/6th?

August 12/13th?

August 19/20th?

August 26/27th?

fraz13
Monday 15th May 2006, 20:27
lol Ye really did enjoy that weekend mate huh ;)

Ok for the nxt one a suggest Inverness or further North...... Tain, Dornoch Golspie, Brora, Helmsdale???

Any other ideas welcome, A aint to fussed :D

Titch
Monday 15th May 2006, 20:35
Anywhere sounds good to me, as long as the roads are not straight. Only kidding. I just enjoy the banter and good company so i will go anywhere.

Craigk
Monday 15th May 2006, 21:00
sounds good to me fraz, Matt you must of enjoyed the twisty roads :) you'll not be used to them in suffolk lol. Would quite enjoy the drive north as never been any further than Inverness.

Craig

Matt30462
Monday 15th May 2006, 23:24
Oh we have bends in our roads, it's just there is usually a Tractor or Combine or Horse or the Polis or just another road user coming the other way. Unlike your roads where there was only the occasional tourist within 5 miles.

It would be lovely to have a visit in the height of summer and maybe later when it's Baltic.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 08:27
I'd be up for coming but I'd defo need a passenger or 2 to keep the cost down and share the driving. Inverness is a long, long ways away.

fraz13
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 11:35
Inverness is 3 hours from here so depending on how far north we actually go you could add another 2-2.5 hours on that easy to Wick, Thurso and John o'Groats :D Am thinkin this should be a Saturday/Sunday effort.....

Start getting time off work NOW!!!!! lol

Gordy
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 13:26
Hi Fraz,

I meant to show you the Sunday Herald article on the 10 best drives in Scotland. One of them is out to Applecross which is one of the twistiest, heart stoppiest drives you can experience.

Some details here: http://chefmoz.org/United_Kingdom/Scotland/Applecross/Applecross_Inn1088611950.html

http://chefmoz.org/United_Kingdom/Scotland/Applecross/Applecross_Inn1088611950.html

http://www.aboutscotland.com/west/kishorninfo.html

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/destinations-national/applecross/126566/

I was thinking of organising a Saab weekend to experience it but a joint venture could be on the books....

fraz13
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 13:52
The reason behind the East coast meet is because of Norm (kdst5)

Norm has been to EVERY meet we have had which has involved 2-3 hour drive each way every time, The rest of us have had a meet in their local area so its only fair to head up North to sample his neck of the woods and give him a break from the driving all the way down here once again....

The Kyle of Lochalsh and Skye run is one I want to do as well but that will need to wait till another time...

Thanx for the ideas Gordy its deffo something I think we will do at another stage.... ;)

Get the Saab boys up for this one....

d14vd_h
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 17:48
i was gonna say skye too....
but im up for whatever!

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 17:54
I hope this doesn't interfere with the Bruntingthorpe meet...cos I want to make to the next Scottish meet....

Matt30462
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 18:11
MMMMMMM choices, choices. Not sure any date has been sorted yet Judge.

bubba_1986
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 19:30
Hey guys

Would this next scottish meet be for all members as i would love to meet up with everone since missed it on sunday there.

Inverness sounds gd fraz, been up further before, cullen portessie etc, beisde the sea, nice costal route from inverness upwards.

What u think

Bubba

Matt30462
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 19:33
Erskine........been there.

fraz13
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 19:40
Would this next scottish meet be for all members as i would love to meet up with everone since missed it on sunday there.
Course your welcome bubba ;) Wobbly might shed a tear when he see's the Black C70 right enough lol

Erskine........been there.
lol

kdst5
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 19:57
The reason behind the East coast meet is because of Norm (kdst5)

Norm has been to EVERY meet we have had which has involved 2-3 hour drive each way every time, The rest of us have had a meet in their local area so its only fair to head up North to sample his neck of the woods and give him a break from the driving all the way down here once again....

Ah shucks i`m all embarrased now:redface: hey I don`t care where we go you know me mate wherever it`s not a problem but we do have better roads up here :haha:

Matt30462
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 20:07
How 'ya gettin' on then Fraser? Have to book my holiday you know. I've been trying to get the wife to stay in a tent for this trip but she's having none of it. Say's there's no way she'll crap in a bucket. I'm gonna keep trying......

Hello there, he can keep trying as well, I won't do it!!!

Mrs Matt just got hold of the lappy....Sorry where was I? Considering a Family trip for this one, however if Mrs Matt remains a stubborn old moo, that may proove difficult.

fraz13
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 20:11
lol

So is there any preference on weekend?

BigJC
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 20:21
Skye sounds good, my parents live there!

Matt30462
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 20:31
I wonder if Titch's uncle would do me a VPCUK discount?

bubba_1986
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 20:39
Superb fraz,

sent u a pm

why what happened to wobblys black c70

Bubba

fraz13
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 22:17
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5941

Have a wee read at that Bubba....

bubba_1986
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 22:22
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5941

Have a wee read at that Bubba....

:shockedbi

Ah right i see why now, oh guess he like the black then lol

Titch
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 23:39

Of course he would mate, i know you were impressed with his pad up there and he loved all the cars as he is car daft. He has already told me he would look after you if you were going to stay there and anybody else on the site for that matter.

Just let him know you are a member of VPCUK and he will sort you out.

If you are still interested Matt i will post you his web site address. ( I think its on the "Another Scottish Meet" thread) but i can post it again.

Oh and Matt, its only a 2 hour drive from my uncles to Applecross/Skye
but can be done in just over an hour and 20 mins and the scenery is breath taking. Thats where my Dads family are from originally

Matt30462
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 23:43
It was on the first thread, I had a look when you put it up. I think thats a good option then the wife could keep her dignity. Might be an idea to block book for members if possible. Lets see the route Fraser comes up with.

Titch's Dad
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 23:52
Hi Fraz,

I meant to show you the Sunday Herald article on the 10 best drives in Scotland. One of them is out to Applecross which is one of the twistiest, heart stoppiest drives you can experience.

Some details here: http://chefmoz.org/United_Kingdom/Scotland/Applecross/Applecross_Inn1088611950.html

http://chefmoz.org/United_Kingdom/Scotland/Applecross/Applecross_Inn1088611950.html

http://www.aboutscotland.com/west/kishorninfo.html

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/destinations-national/applecross/126566/

I was thinking of organising a Saab weekend to experience it but a joint venture could be on the books....

My mum was born in Applecross and I have done The Bealach more times than I can count! Stunning drive but defo not a road for trying too hard on! Single track with at least 4 hairpins one if which is steep at 1 in 3!! Well worth a run though.

Titch's Dad
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 23:57

As Titch said, I'm sure he would. He may even be joining in as hopefully we will have persuaded him to have the black 740 estate (which was hiding behind one of the sheds) chipped and lowered by then!!

Matt30462
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:03
I've stuck the website in my favourites. This is looking more and more likely as an option. Let's see what Fraser comes up with.

fraz13
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:17
OK as Norms cool with travelling then Skye sounds good to me :D get the B+B booked or we could take over the caravans lol

A still suggest we NEED to do the North East for Norms sake this year.....

Titch
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:22
I agree mate, Norm always makes the effort and i think we should at some point during the year, head up to his neck of the woods

Matt30462
Wednesday 17th May 2006, 00:28
I can go anywhere, just thinking of Dalrannoch for the family base as a holiday.

kdst5
Thursday 18th May 2006, 20:30
Hows this for an idea for skye just an thought could make a night of it big stye :mischievo http://website.lineone.net/~skyehostel/homepage.htm

Matt30462
Thursday 18th May 2006, 20:37
Communal living. I like the prices. Big BBQ, a few drinkies mass snoring. Well I could live the commune thing if the wife and kids could struggle through.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 18th May 2006, 20:39
My dad has a cottage in Scotland - its somewhere north of Glasgow (about another 2 hours iirc) maybe we could hijack that?

x

bubba_1986
Thursday 18th May 2006, 20:50
Well i have no idea for place to go but count me in anyway

Am sure fraz will come up with something gd

:rolleyes:

Craigk
Thursday 18th May 2006, 21:28
We're up for anything Fraz, weekend in Skye sounds good like.

bubba_1986
Thursday 18th May 2006, 22:00
We're up for anything Fraz, weekend in Skye sounds good like.

where abouts in this fine land u from mate :wink:

Bubba :biggrin:

d14vd_h
Friday 19th May 2006, 00:53
im in for skye
just let me know the dates

Wobbly Dave
Friday 19th May 2006, 11:27
Communal living. I like the prices. Big BBQ, a few drinkies mass snoring. Well I could live the commune thing if the wife and kids could struggle through.
I like your style

BigJC
Friday 19th May 2006, 17:59
Hows this for an idea for skye just an thought could make a night of it big stye :mischievo http://website.lineone.net/~skyehostel/homepage.htm

Thats just down the road from my mum's! She has a small B&B at Fiskavaig, but it only has one guest room. The Old Inn at Carbost about 100yds from the Talisker Distillery is good and has rooms and a bunk house as well as self contained chalets.

That side of the Island is very quiet, all the decent eats/drinks are 25 miles away in Portree but hey, the roads are loadsa fun if a little uneven (built on peat bogs).

Craigk
Saturday 20th May 2006, 12:08
where abouts in this fine land u from mate :wink:

Bubba :biggrin:

Im from Perth mate:)

bubba_1986
Saturday 20th May 2006, 12:17
Im from Perth mate:)

kl, well lking forward to meeting u all would we be meeting up at a central point or what :confused:

Titch
Saturday 20th May 2006, 13:26
Alright mate, hows tricks?

Yeh we usually find a central point where we can all meet up and drive to our destination in convoy. It creates quite a spectacle.

Vikingxl
Saturday 20th May 2006, 13:33
Would love to make this one as it sounds fantastic but unfortunatly due to difficult personal circumstances and the bad health of one of my dogs it looks like i may have to pass on this one as well.Sorry everyone especially Fraz as thats twice in a row I've let you down mate hope you understand as you are better informed on my problems than most.Maybe i can make one later in the year.Hope everyone has a great time again!

bubba_1986
Saturday 20th May 2006, 15:40
Alright mate, hows tricks?

Yeh we usually find a central point where we can all meet up and drive to our destination in convoy. It creates quite a spectacle.

Nice one, yeah i can imagine all the volvo togther would be a nice site

:)

fraz13
Saturday 20th May 2006, 17:01
Rich mate dont worry ;) I totally understand and dont feel yer a party pooper in any way lol
Na mate honest, coming up here for everyone is never gonny happen and sorry to hear about yer wee pup, hope everythings cool, also hope yer feelin better soon :hug:

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 30th May 2006, 23:44
it doesn't look like Bruntingthorpe is going to happen in August...... so

"I'M FREE......."

I'll be watching this progress.....

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 31st May 2006, 08:19
it doesn't look like Bruntingthorpe is going to happen in August...... so

Says who??? lol

x

Matt30462
Wednesday 31st May 2006, 10:51
How is the masterplan coming along then Fraser? Any dates yet?
Can't tell ya' how much I'm looking forward to this...........I need a break.

gillespie
Saturday 3rd June 2006, 21:45
hey fowks, sorry i never made the last meet,looked like a good run, i got a wee ban on the monday before DOH!! but im well up for a meet anytime after the 2nd o august, im sortin out a few bits o paintwork on saffie just now and i hope to get a set of new wheels and 6 pot calipers on it in the next few weeks, shud be lookin tidy when i get ma licence back

fraz13
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 10:56
OK lets start this up again......

August (its only a week away now :sorry: )...... Any weekend so lets start a poll.....

I'll stick it in Matt's first post and modify it from there but get names down against what you prefer......

August 5/6th

August 12/13th

August 19/20th

August 26/27th

So the weekend things out for me but I'm up for either the Saturday or the Sunday....

I also feel that seen as its only a week/month away its going to be tight for most as well.....

So what I suggest is somewhere not as far i.e Aviemore/Inverness and you can stay over or just make it a day out....

Matt30462
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 11:51
mmmmmmm...........I so badly want to go....let me see, the 30th of August is our 20th wedding anniversary. Can I suggest to the wife that we weekend in Scotland? It's close to pay day, Bank holiday weekend, wifes off on the 29th and 30th I think, I have seven days hols left to book, mmmmmmmm!?

I wanna come up again.

First weekend is no good for me 5th/6th.
12th/13th at a pinch (gotta think of the price of Optimax and mid month hurts)
19th/20th see above.

bubba_1986
Tuesday 18th July 2006, 12:12
Probaly nearer the end of the month for me fraz, as got insurance to renew on 18th :(

Titch
Wednesday 19th July 2006, 11:22
I will do whatever the general consensus is. I think I will have to go down the same route as Fraz and do the one day thing but any weekend will suit

gillespie
Friday 21st July 2006, 20:22
I wiz a week wrong wi ma dates, its the 8th i get my licence back so any time after that wud be fine for me, im no wanting to take over anything here but if you were planning coming up this way how about a run up lochness side and back or up the cairngorms, lots of good photo oppertunities, i know a few good pub/hotel owners that wud cater for a group or i got a big garden if anyone wud fancy a barbie n beer with plenty of room for tents etc,

gillespie
Friday 4th August 2006, 23:24
Is this meet going to happen anywhere???????????

Matt30462
Saturday 5th August 2006, 00:40
After all my cajolling to have another Scottish Meet, I sadly have to pass on this one as I am not allowed to spend any more money this month.

fraz13
Saturday 5th August 2006, 01:56
Cant see it now to be fair..... No time, no serious interest, no money but when a get back ma holibags I will be heading up your way for a day and anyone is welcome to join me lol I think its just a bad time of the year....

gillespie
Saturday 5th August 2006, 18:38
Fair enough, some time soon though