PDA

View Full Version : Is It Serious

clint eastwood
Sunday 14th May 2006, 14:17
Bought my first T-5 1994 yesterday, after giving it a quick blast half an hour ago the engine managment light that looks like a k came on to my horror and is still on! I am CONSERNED! can anyone assist me please. is it the end of the world? What exactly does this mean? Cheers, a worried member

splatt
Sunday 14th May 2006, 14:27
It could be caused by anything really and may not be cause for concern, can be caused by vac leak to o2 sensor etc etc...get your codes read, as yours is 94 you should be able to do this yourself via the port beghind drivers headlight with the fly lead. Do a search..its out there..

clint eastwood
Sunday 14th May 2006, 14:35
Hello splatt, sorry mate I am not clued up on this, what is a fly lead, and what is a port, dont know what i`m looking for

splatt
Sunday 14th May 2006, 14:37
This thingy....find out if you have it and between you me and the forum we will find out eh?

http://www.volvospeed.com/850slight.php

clint eastwood
Sunday 14th May 2006, 15:00
SPLATT, I am A happy man again the light has gone off, you said something about o2, the air box is quite lose, and needs bolting down properly, would you summise that this could be the fault, all in, I as a novice to Volvo`s am thinking that the very fact it has gone off now would mean that it was`nt serious, yes? Thanks for helping mate

clint eastwood
Sunday 14th May 2006, 15:01
Have to pop out now SPLATT so shall read your reply later on thanks mate

splatt
Sunday 14th May 2006, 15:19
Cool....not serious then, yeah this could be a cause as air could be sucked in somewhere and not checked by the AFM/MAF and therefore a fault recorded.
Glad to help!