PDA

View Full Version : ABS/ TRACS Prob....Solved???

Tomcat
Saturday 13th May 2006, 23:24
A little while back when I first got this car I noticed the Abs/Tracs light was on, so I thought I'd obtain another Controller and swap it. Did this and the lights went out(hooray), a few weeks later(car hasnt been used) the lights came back on.

After lots of head scratching I decided to take it in to get the codes read, they told me that the right rear sensor was out but that it could just be the controller thats up the duff!.

After a long hard think yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and have a look at the sensor, having removed and cleaned up both rear sensors...nothing, lights still on.

Ok, todays finall rethink. Went out and looked for the connection inside the car for both rear sensors, after removing the boot floor I found it on the right handside above the fuel pump cover. Unplugged the connector and reconnected a few times, took the car for a drive and......Fingers crossed, no lights(as yet). I've stopped and re started the car a few times now and its still ok, usually by now the intermitant nature of the Abs would have brought the lights back on. just hoping and praying they stay out now.

Failing this its going to have to go to the dealers to be diagnosed.

T5ER
Saturday 13th May 2006, 23:30
my battery has gone flat and i jump started minetoday after 5 days after fitting the other abs ecu had my faultcodes read and cleared and guess what abs and tracs light are now back on any ideas am going to have it in again on thurs when i get back but may have to replace the sensor itself

Baj
Saturday 13th May 2006, 23:35
Punctuate man. Punctuate.

Sillt question but arent you surrounded by Volvo mechanics all day?

Tomcat
Saturday 13th May 2006, 23:51
I'm now starting to think that the ABS controller wasn't at fault to start with, moreso since I opened the old one and found nothing wrong with it. So probably best to get the codes read before doing anything. If its only a sensor you can get them from a breakers for £20, could just be a bad connection though.

T5ER
Sunday 14th May 2006, 10:47
Punctuate man. Punctuate.

Sillt question but arent you surrounded by Volvo mechanics all day?

i am but trying to get stuff done on my own car by them is a nightmare normally get the apprentice to do it i am now thinking abs sensor might be faulty but will try and squeeze it in on thursday/friday to have the codes read again