PDA

View Full Version : Gear Change Problems!!!!

oliwally
Saturday 13th May 2006, 16:22
Mate Picked His Yellow 854 T-5R Manual Yesterday And He's Got A Few Problems With It.
The Main One Being That He Has Real Trouble Selecting 1st Gear.
Seems That All The Other Gears Are Ok,Reverse Doesnt Clunk Or Grind When Selecting It.
I Let Him Drive Mine And Says Pedal And Lever Feels Just The Same,But Mine Will Go Into 1st No Problem,But His Sometimes Will Go Into It Ok?????.
It Also Has A Slight Misfire When It Comes On Boost,But We Seem To Think Its Failed Plugs,Seems That They Have Been In The Car For Some 40,000 Miles.
And Lastly The Lamnbda Lights On,Which After Reading The Codes Seems To Relate To The Evap Valve.
Can We Pick Your Brains And Get Some Common Causes Of These So We Can Have An Idea When To Look First,Too Nicer Day To Go Aimlessly Working On Cars If It Can Be Fixed In 10 Mins:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tomcat
Saturday 13th May 2006, 17:32
I've been having trouble getting mine to go into gear, it tuned out to be the clutch slave cylinder was leaking. This is located on the front of the engine low down next to the starter motor, look for wetness on the cross member at the bottom. Another good sign is if its using any brake fluid, as this is whats used for the clutch.

oliwally
Saturday 13th May 2006, 21:10
Hard To Tell If Its Using Any Fluid As He's Had The Car Less That 30 Hours.
I Had A Quick Look,But To Be Honest I Couldnt Really Fault It.
Said It Gets Worse When Hot Though.
Does The Cable Every Give Problems?

Tomcat
Saturday 13th May 2006, 21:25
The clutch is hydrolic, so there is no cable. After owning an auto before I bought this manual one I've found the gearchange a little 'notchy'. I don't know if my car is heading towards needing a new clutch or if they're all like this but I've certainly had to modify my driving style to accomodate it.

T5ER
Saturday 13th May 2006, 21:42
i have a slave cylinder brand new if ant one wants it £££££ make me a good offer please as i need the cash as i would quiet like tomcats zost poss>?