PDA

View Full Version : Xplod's??

Bigtony
Saturday 13th May 2006, 12:30
Hi Lads....and Ladies

I am seeking some info on explod T5's. I have found some one in liverpool with a few engines (and complete cars which he has to break) for sale, they are mainly from the plodding service. My question is what sort of goodies are put on Explods if any? should i try to get the ecu along with the engine?

Bigtony

bertuk69
Saturday 13th May 2006, 12:56
hi big tony,ex plod t-5s are ok as long as your prepaired to do a bit of tidying up on em, ie wires hidden under all panels/roof lining, chopped wires i mean , dull worn blue seating, usually worn away by some fat assed plod,nice vented dash board (holes here and there) ideal for popping your pens in , but on a serious note i have one,( in my budget price ) since owening it i have replaced all the brake discs and pads,heater matrix, ripped out the dash and seats carpet etc, fitted it all out with beige/cream leather with matching trim and dash,load cover etc even though it still has the looks of an ex plod it looks nothing like one anymore when you look in the car, watch out for smokey turbo,s /clicking drive shafts etc , as for the ecu i hear two versions, one from the plod that say all mapped ecus are taken out and replaced with standard t-5 ecus, and dont come chipped or mapped as some people say, then another constable tells me they do leave them in ? there are really no toys in the ex plod cars you have to put them in yourself, dont expect luxurys with ex force cars, but dont get me wrong there are a few decent ones about and a few knackered ones that should be scrapped , by the way what price is he asking for a t-5 engine ?

bertuk69
Saturday 13th May 2006, 12:58
couple of spelling mistakes i see , owning , not looking what im typing, typical lol

Bigtony
Saturday 13th May 2006, 13:07
Hi Bert - Thanks for the info apperently this guy has at least six cars beaking and a couple of engines lying around. He says he sells the lumps for around £300 plus £70 postage. I am plannign to go pick one up it will only cost me £30 fuel. Give him a buzz if you wish - 01519331994......don't woorry abbout the ttyping wee all do it LOL

bertuk69
Saturday 13th May 2006, 13:18
lol i just phoned, must be my accent, they want £400 for the unit off me lol ,tell em you want the ecu to go with the block your buying, and the turbos included with that, i know where the yard is been there before, about 3 mile from me, hey tony on your way there you,ll be almost passing my house, lol

Bigtony
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 09:20
I may just drop in!! get the coffee ready - I will speak to em when I get there an try to strike a bargain for another engine for ya if you really want one. Let me know eh.

volvotuning
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 10:05
Hi Lads....and Ladies

I am seeking some info on explod T5's. I have found some one in liverpool with a few engines (and complete cars which he has to break) for sale, they are mainly from the plodding service. My question is what sort of goodies are put on Explods if any? should i try to get the ecu along with the engine?

Bigtony

Ex-plods don't have any goodies. Personally I would stay away from ex-plod. Most bits on them are knackered, including the engines. They are driven much harder than any civilian car.

Adam.

Liddo
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 10:19
i know where the yard is been there before, about 3 mile from me,

Where abouts is the yard matey??? Looks like a Bootle number?? Dock Road perchance :D

I need a couple of bits for my V70, especially a foggy!

bertuk69
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 10:47
spot on its the industrial estate off millers bridge, bootle, comming from the mons direction to the docks past hue baird college then on the bridge turn right its about 300 yards on your left ,braesnose road i think they call it

bertuk69
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 21:17
cheers for the offer tony but im breaking a t-5 s70 myself mate, lol

blackbooty
Tuesday 16th May 2006, 22:59
Ex-plods don't have any goodies. Personally I would stay away from ex-plod. Most bits on them are knackered, including the engines. They are driven much harder than any civilian car.

Adam.

from a man who knows.

who respects a hire car !!!!

wayne