PDA

View Full Version : rear shocks

chich100
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 14:04
hi all,i know this subject has been covered many times before,my car is a 855 T5 which came from the factory with R lowered suspension (self levelling) is there a rear shock i can use other than nivomat whilst keeping original springs as im strapped for cash but desperatley need to sort out????

BlackBeast
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 14:18
First of all, as your a south wales member, put your location down on the googlemap, im the only one at the moment :(

With regards to the suspension, if your changing to normal shocks i think you have to change the top mounts as well, but im unsure. The springs will be fine with normal shocks.

chich100
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 16:17
thanks for that steve,cant find home page to put location on map???

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 16:21
see "GoogleMap" in blue toolbar above or click here...
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/vbgooglemap.php

chich100
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 16:29
map found,job done many thanks

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 16:29
Coming up from Birmingham (following the pennies) and across from liverpool to leeds - we have a "T". We need 5 now to the east. Which means most will have to either move to house boats on the North sea or Norfolk?

Either that or the 5 will have to go underneath. It has already started - the top of it stretches down the M40, along and down to pervypetes entry. But we need more people in a curve spanning around oxford to west london and back towards Bristol?

And yes - I am bored.

chich100
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 16:36
would all T5's have come with central locking keyfob as ive had my car for 3 years and have been using the key but reading the forum i should be able to get hold of a key fob and re program it?

BlackBeast
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 16:36
Coming up from Birmingham (following the pennies) and across from liverpool to leeds - we have a "T". We need 5 now to the east. Which means most will have to either move to house boats on the North sea or Norfolk?

Either that or the 5 will have to go underneath. It has already started - the top of it stretches down the M40, along and down to pervypetes entry. But we need more people in a curve spanning around oxford to west london and back towards Bristol?

And yes - I am bored.

PMSL

chich100
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 17:11
Life can be sweet if you just ask! two rear sachs super tourers and two top mounts £80:00 thanks for your help guys

BlackBeast
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 17:24
Share with the forum where you got that price chich!?! It may help others out.

chich100
Wednesday 10th May 2006, 17:35
Parts coming from volvoparts online,standard super tourers £26.78 and top mounts £12.75 each