PDA

View Full Version : In the dark!

T5SLAVE
Monday 8th May 2006, 16:19
Well, on the passenger side at least!

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could help me with the following problem...

I have repolaced both the door marker/puddle lights (Red 1 on door n White 1 above footwell) on the (front) passenger side of my wagon and checked the relevant fuse but still they dont work and never have done:cussing:
Could it be a microswitch which is located in the passenger door lock?..although this would seem unlikely (I think?) as when I open the front passenger door the other marker lights operate as per normal:confused:

As I have said before I aint no mechanic/technecian so any guidance would be very much appreciated:B_thumb: as this is now the only thing that doesn't work on the whole car, bar the rear heated seats...uh oh, now I've gone and said it :troutslap

Oops I put this in the wrong place by mistake, Im sure it'll get moved soon tho?

neevo
Monday 8th May 2006, 16:52
I was under the impression that all the door marker lights came on when any door was opened. I'm sure that I've seen a glow from the closed doors when the drivers door was opened at night. It's too bright outside so I couldn't see anything when I tried just now. If that's the case then there might be something in the door causing the issue. Assuming they are both on the same loop within the door itself then there might be a loose wire in to the door itself. Is there a main plug that connects the door electrics to the frame? If so try spraying "contact cleaner" into the plug and socket.

Other than that have you could try swapping bulbs around between doors jsu tto check them - unless you've tried already. If they are in series then one bulb failure may make both lights go out.

T5SLAVE
Monday 8th May 2006, 23:52
Cheers 4 that m8, I'll look 2 havin a play with the door connector. The bulbs thing I have already done, the two light units r brand new too:confused: