PDA

View Full Version : Overriding running lights

The Londoner
Monday 8th May 2006, 09:30
Mornin' all, newbie here with a tech query. Can anyone tell me if it is possible as a DIY fix to override the running lights on new Volvos? I have just taken delivery of a XC90 and don't really want the Christmas tree effect of the lights on in daylight. I've also noticed when sitting in traffic that the lights are at rear view mirror level in a lot of cars, so that seems pretty inconsiderate. The manual says approved Volvo workshops can do it, and I have been told it is a software fix that Volvo will lighten my wallet to do. On my old 850T5 it was possible to turn the running lights off via a screw on the headlamp switch, but that does not seem possible on the new cars.

Cheers

T5ER
Monday 8th May 2006, 10:16
Mornin' all, newbie here with a tech query. Can anyone tell me if it is possible as a DIY fix to override the running lights on new Volvos? I have just taken delivery of a XC90 and don't really want the Christmas tree effect of the lights on in daylight. I've also noticed when sitting in traffic that the lights are at rear view mirror level in a lot of cars, so that seems pretty inconsiderate. The manual says approved Volvo workshops can do it, and I have been told it is a software fix that Volvo will lighten my wallet to do. On my old 850T5 it was possible to turn the running lights off via a screw on the headlamp switch, but that does not seem possible on the new cars.

Cheers

can only be done at the main stealers i am affraid it does need to be plugged into there computer