PDA

View Full Version : M B C I Need Help!!!!!!

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 19:05
:bounce: :bounce: M B C I NEED HELP! WHERES BRACER!OR VOLVOTUNING PLS :troutslap :thewave: :thewave: :bounce: :bounce: HELLO TO ALL im trying to fit my m b c and dont know which pipe/hose to plumb into CHEERS RICH :B_steerin :B_steerin :troutslap :troutslap :bounce: :wiggle: :bounce:

Pedro Fandango
Monday 21st March 2005, 20:26
it goes in the pipe going to the actuator from the boost control solenoid (mounted on the air box with 3 pipes going into it)

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 21:15
it goes in the pipe going to the actuator from the boost control solenoid (mounted on the air box with 3 pipes going into it) :dunce: SORRY MATE i really dont now my turbo very well could you explain where both ends go to cheers RICH

Ross9
Monday 21st March 2005, 21:23
Do most people run the MBC and the boost control solenoid at the same time? Or have I just read this wrong.

On Jacqs we disconnected the boost control solenoid from the actuator and vaccuum tree, and the MBC is fitted in its place. I know there are some people who leave the solenoid fitted if it is remapped, with teh MBC used to spool the turbo up faster, but I got the feeling this was intended just as a replacement controller to increase the boost in this case?

Ross

Pedro Fandango
Monday 21st March 2005, 21:31
it might be easier to explain the way i've done it then.

On the side of the air filter box you'll find the BCS (boost control solenoid, a black box with 3 pipes going into it) follow them back from the solenoid & you should be able to see 1 connected straight to the turbo, 1 going to the air intake pipe (after the maf sensor) & the other going to the back of the engine by the turbo but dissapearing under the heat shield. The pipe from the BCS to the air intake take off the solenoid & block up the end (i used a screw), the one from the BCS to the turbo again take off the solenoid & put on the input side of the MBC, the last one on the BCS (going under the heatshield) take off & put to the outlet side of MBC. Don't un-plug the BCS you'll still need it wired up to keep the ecu happy, even tho you've got no pipes connected to it & its not actually doing anything.

hope thats clear enough for you, & be very careful what boost you set it to

Ross9
Monday 21st March 2005, 21:36
Ahh, yeah thats what was done in in Jacqs T4, I just picked it up wrong in the first post.

As Pedro said, a boost guage is a must in order to keep an eye on what you have set it to, very easy way to blow your engine up is an MBC lol.

Ross

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 21:39
:slap: YOURE A DIAMOND ive looked around and 14.5 seems to be the limit yeah? cheers PEDRO RICH

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 21:50
ALSO THE BOOST GAUGE IS AN AUTOGAUGE LUMINESCENT BOOST/VACUUM IS THIS OK OR NOT (ADDITIONAL INFO VACUUM ON TICKOVER IS -20 FULL BOOST IS 8/9 AND DROPS BACK TO 6 BUT WHENIT CHANGES UP IT SPIKES TO 10/11 WHATS GOING ON? cheers RICH

Pedro Fandango
Monday 21st March 2005, 22:06
:slap: YOURE A DIAMOND ive looked around and 14.5 seems to be the limit yeah?
to be on the safe side i'd set it a bit lower than that, 14.5psi is about where the ecu shuttings the igniton down for a split second because of excess knocking (when using decent fuel, it will be a lower psi if your only using 95ron)

believe me even if you set the MBC to the the same psi as standard you'll still be impressed because the pick-up is just so much better

Pedro Fandango
Monday 21st March 2005, 22:10
As Pedro said, a boost guage is a must in order to keep an eye on what you have set it to, very easy way to blow your engine up is an MBC lol.
tbh in the first describtion i did actually mean just cut the pipe from the BCS to the actuator & fit the MBC inline with the solenoid (but thought i'd explain the way i've done it while i was bored)

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 22:12
Im Getting Me Torch Out

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 22:57
NOW YOU'VE GOT ME ive cut both pipes off the solenoid put the one going to the wastegate to the outlet and put other pipe on other end run it and it is screwed all the way in and it reaches 13psi dropping back to eleven RICH

Pedro Fandango
Monday 21st March 2005, 23:10
you'll still get spiking with a MBC, mine goes upto 21psi then drops to 17.4

did you block off the pipe to the air intake?

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 23:27

did you block off the pipe to the air intake?
Yeah put bolt in with silicone sealer on threads,By the way i had to reverse the order of connection as your way didnt work according to the very small description i got with it i needed to swop it round thanks for all your help PEDRO wow what a difference cheers RICH : :Handshake :Handshake :Handshake :Handshake :Handshake :Handshake :Handshake :Handshake :Handshake

rich850t5
Monday 21st March 2005, 23:33

did you block off the pipe to the air intake? yeah but it (MBC)is screwed all the way in and only reaches 13psi RICH

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 15:30
yeah but it (MBC)is screwed all the way in and only reaches 13psi RICH
the only way i can think to over come that is put a higher tension spring in there, but tbh how much more do you want to go?

so your iimpressed with the outcome then? :sinner:

rich850t5
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 20:04
lovin it every thing you said came true.However regarding the boost yours goes to 21 why wont mine do i need to adjust the acctuator rod(this i do know how to do)I would like to get it to just overboost then turn it down till it runs fine or am i dreaming and need a new turbo(sorry just thought i should tell you it will peakat 13 then drop back to 10/11 could it be the gauge it an autogauge I JUST WANT THE STD GAUGE AT THE END OF THE WHITE IVE STILL GOT 3 MM TO GO) cheers to all for your help cant wait for a meet now! RICH IM LOVING MY :littleang :B_thumb: :B_thumb: :beer: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 20:16
tbh i've never managed to figure out why BT is boosting to 21psi, standard ecu's normally hit overboost around 14.5psi. Personally i wouldn't touch the actuator rod & just use the MBC for all your adjustments.

i very much doubt you've got a dodgy gauge, i suspect you've got an air leak somewhere (time for a stage0 tune)

rich850t5
Tuesday 22nd March 2005, 20:40
got that planned for the wkend cheers again RICH

Bracer
Thursday 24th March 2005, 10:14
Sorry I missed your post, I've been away for a while that why.

Are you all sorted now ?

Steve

rich850t5
Saturday 26th March 2005, 14:14
Sorry I missed your post, I've been away for a while that why.

Are you all sorted now ?

SteveYEAH SORTED!!cheers RICH :funkybana

nskeates
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 05:54
would the psi setting of around 13 be the same for a V70 T5 1998 as i will be fitting a mbc this week ?

Bracer
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 09:13
would the psi setting of around 13 be the same for a V70 T5 1998 as i will be fitting a mbc this week ?

If your running OBDII engine managment you will be ok but if your on ME7 (note the lack of throttle cable) its not possible as the system will just over ride it.

Steve

nskeates
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:35
so is that the only way of telling which system i am running ? whether or not i have a throttle cable ? if i am on the ME7 system are there any options of upping the boost ?

thanks
neil

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:37
What year is your T5 Neil?

x

Bracer
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:39
so is that the only way of telling which system i am running ? whether or not i have a throttle cable ? if i am on the ME7 system are there any options of upping the boost ?

thanks
neil

If its OBDII you will have a lead in the center arm rest with a connector on the end.

If your on Me7 you will have no throttle cable.

To tune a Me7 car ECU's are the only way. Bolt on mods can be done but the ECU map has to be changed to make use of them.

Steve

nskeates
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:40
it was registered in oct 1998 R reg.

nskeates
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:43
when i lift up the centre arm rest there is a connector in there. so this means i'm ok to fit a MBC ? i hope so as i used to have a 850 T5 with an mbc fitted and it makes such a difference.

Bracer
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:46
when i lift up the centre arm rest there is a connector in there. so this means i'm ok to fit a MBC ? i hope so as i used to have a 850 T5 with an mbc fitted and it makes such a difference.

just remember to use a calibrated gauge to set it up. You dont want to over boost :duck:

nskeates
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:49
thanks for the help.
is 13psi a good pressure to set at for a car that does 200 miles a day ?

Bracer
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 12:51
thanks for the help.
is 13psi a good pressure to set at for a car that does 200 miles a day ?

You can go a bit more if you like just stay under 1.0 Bar / 14.5 Psi below 3000 rpm's.

Steve

nskeates
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 13:30
has anybody got any ideas of were to fit the turbo gauge, i dont really want it on show, would rather have it hidden so i can check on the psi every now and then.

Bracer
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 13:35
You could always run it into the glove box.

Failing that have it on a long enough pipe so that you can tuck it up behind the dash and then pull it out and tape it to the dash when you want to check the boost.

I personally think its a valuable bit of kit as it will also show up straight away is the cars not running on top form.

Steve

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 13:40
You could always run it into the glove box.

Failing that have it on a long enough pipe so that you can tuck it up behind the dash and then pull it out and tape it to the dash when you want to check the boost.

I personally think its a valuable bit of kit as it will also show up straight away is the cars not running on top form.

Steve

I concur!

x

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 14:24
How's this for a funky idea - stick it in the ash tray (take all the ashtray bits out first) - have a folding down one. The spring delay mechanism would be really cool as the gauge folds down

:nut:

Bracer
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 14:45
How's this for a funky idea - stick it in the ash tray (take all the ashtray bits out first) - have a folding down one. The spring delay mechanism would be really cool as the gauge folds down

:nut:

Dave you may have just got something there :B_thumb: Dave the :doctor:

;)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 14:55
V stealthy. Though I'd worry about people trying to read it down there without crashing!! :shifty:

nikgallagher
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 15:30
Couldn't you design a similar doo-dah Dave that rose out of the top of the dash instead (like the pop-up headlights on a lotus esprit)... pushed up by mini gas-struts!! Cooooool :cool:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th March 2005, 15:45
yeah like I wanna start hacking into my dash!! :jaw: